Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
1 cup/240 ml ketchup
¼ cup/60 ml prepared horseradish
2 tsp/10 ml Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp/15 ml hot sauce
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb/450 g uncooked shrimp, 12–16 lb/5.4–7.2 kg, peeled and deveined
5–6 wooden or metal skewers
Favorite seafood seasoning
1. To make the cocktail sauce, mix the ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and
pepper, and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
2. Set up your grill for direct cooking. When spreading the charcoal out in the bottom of the grill,
remember to create a nice even layer of hot coals to help prevent hot spots. Adjust your top and bottom
vents so you get a dome temperature of approximately 400°F/204°C.
3. Take the shrimp one by one and slide them on to the skewers. Typically, you should be able to get 4–5
shrimp per skewer. Season both sides of the shrimp with the rub or seasoning.
4. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill grates, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the lid, flip
skewers, cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Shrimp cook very fast and in the blink of an eye can
be overcooked very easily. You’ll want to cook them just until the shells turn pink and the shrimp are
5. Remove the shrimp from the grill and serve with cocktail sauce. Enjoy!